If your makeup looks amazing right after you put it but in a couple hours it melts down and you are confused what you have been doing wrong, some of these tips on how to make your makeup last might work for you…
- Exfoliate your face If your foundation will not stick to your skin and it does not look as perfect as you want, you probably have not exfoliated your face in a while. By exfoliating your face, you remove dead skin cells so your foundation can stick better afterwards. Exfoliating makes your makeup look better as well! Do this once a week. Try out Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Gentle Exfoliating Treatment.
- Wear primer You put on your primer before foundation, so your foundation can adhere to it and not slide anywhere. Primer is meant to make your makeup last longer and apply better. There are all kinds of primer for all skin types. Try out Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light. It is also oil free so it will not clog your pores.
- Wear eye primer on your undereye Eye primers like NARS Pro Prime do not only make your eyeshadows pop and make them last forever on your eyelids, they can also be used to prevent undereye concealer from creasing. Dab and smooth them before you put on concealer.
- Wear matte lipsticks Matte lipsticks (example: MAC Ruby Woo) are known for their longevity. Yes they are a bit high maintenance but they last a very long time. For better lipstick-life span, apply a thin layer first and then really press it into your lips with your fingers to create a stain, and then apply a second layer to get maximum opacity.
- Layer your makeup Layering your makeup can help its longevity. Apply your foundation one thin layer at a time, letting the previous layer to set first before you apply the next one, and then build up to get desired coverage. This also applies to your eyeshadows and everything else! Take your time.
- Use waterproof products If you live in a very humid country like where we live, waterproof products really help a lot. Makeup tends to melt off a girl’s face within an hour or two. Waterproof products are specially produced to really stick to your skin.
- Use setting spray You must have heard of Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. Spritz to your face after you are done with your makeup to make it last all night (no pun intended!). Tip: Try spraying it after your foundation before powder and the rest of your makeup to achieve maximum effect.
Have you tried some of these tips, girls? What do you think? Do you have a tip you can share in the comments below? We’d love to know!