Girls, if you think you can’t handle ombre or gradient hair, then you should really try the gradient nail art. Gradient nail art can look difficult to the unpracticed, but actually it’s pretty easy. It does not take some serious skill to master this technique. It’s so cool and unlike ombre hair, ombre nail art can be changed right away if you feel bored with it. Scroll down and find out the step-by-step tutorial to achieve this cool nail art!
1. First, all you need to do is prepare at least 3 nail polishes that are complimentary, two colors must be lighter than the other – I used Soft Pink by Shills, Pink by Nature Republic, Pink Flamenco by O.P.I., and a top coat by ORLY. You will also need a cosmetic sponge to do this DIY nail art.
2. Start by painting each of your nails with two layers of the lightest polish colors (Soft Pink by Shills). Allow it to dry.
3. Then, paint all of the chosen color on your cosmetic sponge, from the darkest to the lightest. The gradient thing will work here.
4. Gently dab and press the sponge firmly on your nails untill all the colors are blended. Rub the sponge up and down slightly to create the gradient look. If the polish isn’t as thick as you’d like, wait for it to dry and then apply another coat.
5. Wait for your nails to dry. Clean up around your cuticles by dipping a cotton bud in nail polish remover and rub the skin around your nails. Then, apply a clear top coat.
Voila! You’ve got your Gradient Nail Art in a blink of an eye! Happy trying, girls!