We always love it when there’s a big event happening here and there, so after that we can play the “fashion police” game and happily pick who is the most fashionable, who wore the worst dress, etc.
Even though there was some drama happening on this year’s 71st Golden Globe Awards (the sewage pipe burst and flooding the red carpet), our favourite actors and actresses still brightened up the evening with their stylish suits and gowns. We just can’t decide who wore the best gown and wowed us the most, would you please help us?
1. Emma Watson has become quite the fashionista. For this year’s 71st Golden Globe Awards, she opted for a daring backless red Christian Dior gown and teamed it with an unexpected black leggings, which certainly was a showstopper, and she completed the look with a pair of deep purple heel and a minimum make up and jewelleries. Her dress on that evening have been called the wow gown.
2. Sarah Hyland, who plays Haley Dunphy on the sitcom Modern Family, arrived in a salmon-colored drop waist gown with a skinny belt. She kept her look young by topping off her gown with a really pretty hairdo – headband braid. We love her look!
3. Caitlin Fitzgerald made the evening even more colorful by wearing Emilia Wickstead’s short sleeved baby blue gown with a high neck from her Spring 2014 collection. She then completed the look with a pair of orange and blue striped heels and orange clutch.
4. Zooey Deschanel’s Oscar de la Renta ensemble was actually the perfect blend of vintage glam and modern-day edge. But we do think that it looked a little too much, especially after she added flower on her hair. However, thank God she kept the color as neutral as possible on her crop top and sparkly embroidery, so overall she still looked gorgeous.
5. Michelle Dockery looked elegant in a silver embellished Oscar de la Renta gown. Just like Zooey, she kept it safe with neutral color, but we do think her dress is so much better than Zooey’s. What do you think?
6. Lupita Nyong’o, the star of 12 Years a Slave looked super stunning when she hit the red carpet in a bright crimson dress from Ralph Lauren. It was not only the color of the dress that stole the spotlight but the cape that was attatched on the back of her dress also knocked it out. She’s definitely one to watch. A rising fashionista for sure.
7. Last but not least, Maria Menounos. She lit up the Golden Globes red carpet in a very beautiful pink gown by Max Azria. The geometric cut-outs are just amazing and she finished her look with a very neutral make up, which then made the dress the main attraction.
Ah, we seriously can’t decide who wore the best dress for this year’s Golden Globes, but if we must, can we go for the best three? Our picks will be: Lupita Nyong’o, Michelle Dockery, and Sarah Hyland!