Not like the Golden Globes that was held earlier this month with actresses arriving in haute couture colorful dresses, embracing the color crimson, Grammys red carpet looked a bit more subdued and the stars came to have fun.
Our favourite musicians and performers chose whites, pale pinks, and nudes for their gowns to make the entrance. Revealing gowns and sheer panel would be the statement trend this year. I picked 5 of our most favourite white and nude dresses from the biggest night in music today. Help us pick who wore the best gown?
1. Beyoncé actually skipped on the red carpet because she needed to prepare for the show opening, but look at how stunning and super sexy she was in Michael Costello white sheer floral dress that she wore after her performance with husband Jay-Z. One word, beautiful.
2. Brooklyn Haley looked flawless in an embellished mermaid dress that’s combined with sheer panels. The sheer was all over her neckline, bodice, and almost half bottom of her dress. She topped of her look with a silver clutch that matches her dress.
3. The braid trend won’t go anywhere because Sara Bareilles was sporting this hair-do when she arrived at the Grammys red carpet. She said it was inspired by Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. We love it, but we love her dress even more! She’s wearing a white Blumarine dress and gave it a pop of color with an orange Louise et Cie shoes and a Thalé Blanc clutch.
4. Kacey Musgraves, a Grammy winning American country music artist arrived on the red carpet with a nude dress from Armani Privé collection. Sheer is again attached to the dress on the sparkly ruffles and also on the back of it, creating a sexy touch to her look.
5. Iggy Azalea looked subtle at the red carpet wearing an Elie Saab Pre Fall 2013 white embellished gown. With a very simple brushed back hair, pink lips and nail polish, she actually looked angelic and actually very elegant!
Oh but you know who is going to be my pick. Of course our Queen Bey! I mean, it’s been a really huge year for her: an album surprise followed by her amazing performance of “Drunk In Love” to open this year’s Grammys, and now a really beautiful gown which hugged her figure perfectly and completed with a wavy bob and red wine lips? Need I say more? She looked more stunning than ever. What do you think?